Degeneration of our tissues is commonplace in our country. This can be due to our body aging and degeneration becoming so significant that the level of function and activity we once experienced in our younger years decreases. Or it can be related to trauma from an injury or genetic predisposition to degeneration. Whatever the cause, we have treatments to help improve and restore function back to those tissues. At Sirona Integrative Health we use different modalities to stimulate the body’s innate immune system to regenerate the damaged tissues.
• Platelet Rich Plasma or PRP is the process of removing blood from the body, like in a blood draw, spinning it down in a centrifuge to separate the solid red blood cells from the plasma. Then the platelet rich plasma is removed and injected back into the damaged tissues to stimulate the body to heal the tissues.
You may be wondering how the plasma does this. Each injection of plasma is rich in platelets. Accompanying these platelets are growth factors that our body uses to stimulate new growth of soft tissue and nerves. By injecting concentrated doses of these factors into the tissue we are essentially giving a “jump start” to the body’s innate healing powers.
There are many applications for PRP some of those offered at Sirona Integrative Health are listed below:
• Vaginal and clitoral injections to treat urinary incontinence, pelvic pain, sexual dysfunction and organ prolapse following surgical or natural trauma.
• Joint injections to treat damage from arthritis or injury. Joints treated include; knee, shoulder, hip, ankle, wrist and elbow. We do not offer spinal injections at Sirona Integrative Health.
• Aesthetic injections into the facial tissues of PRP help to reduce wrinkle lines and oxidative damage from natural forces or makeup. Injections are also helpful to provide a natural “face lift” to tissue that may be experiencing the effects of gravity. Please click on the service link Aesthetics to learn more about other treatments offered.
• Prolotherapy is another injection therapy that increases the body’s immune system to heal damaged tissues. Prolotherapy is a combination of a numbing solution such as lidocaine and dextrose, a sugar compound. As with PRP, the prolotherapy combination is injected into the joint and surrounding tissues. The solution works to stimulate white blood cells, platelets and growth factors to migrate to damaged tissue and support regeneration.